Particle LET, Part II

From: Joel DeWitt (joel.m.dewitt@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2007 - 23:02:08 CET

    BlankThank you, Paola, for your timely and on-target reply.

    I've successfully scored LET and formed (sort of) a spectrum from this, but without any fragmentation. Using the card:

    * score the LET spectrum (in water) of charged particles
    USRYIELD 2323.0 ALL-CHAR -41.0 PE CR39 1.0Yield
    USRYIELD 200.0 0.0 200.0 200.0 0.0 2803.0&

    I recover the expected primary ionization peak at the correct location for a 1 GeV/n 56Fe beam. I've tried setting the second variable in the double differential to "particle charge" and played with the upper and lower limits without success. I must confess that I don't completely understand this method of obtaining an LET spectrum since our method is literally a histogram of binned LET. Curiously, when I do attempt "particle charge" as the second variable, I get empty bins. The reason for this is not immediately obvious to me.
    What would be the proper way to score charged fragmentation?

    Best regards,
    Joel DeWitt
    Eril Research, Inc.

    Blank_Bkgrd.gif