Re: [fluka-discuss]: Re: Fluka process gamma -> mu+ mu-

From: paola sala <paola.sala_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 15:08:30 +0200

Dear Andrea
you are perfectly right. USDRAW is not called after photomuon production.
This will be corrected in a next respin.
In the meanwhile, aI can suggest a workaround:
- The user routine stupre.f is called after photomuon production, as
well as after any other electromagnetic interaction.
- the flag LPAIRP, available in stupre through (EVTFLG), is .true. for
muon pair production AND..for standard pair production
- however, in case of muon pair pair production  no electrons/photons
are produced, thus stupre.f is called with NPEMF=NPSTRT (no variation in
the EMF particle stack). This condition can be used  to select muon pair
production.
- the produced muons are stored directly on the main FLUKA stack. To
access them, include (FLKSTK) in stupre.f and check the last two
particle, those corresponding to index NPFLKA and NPFLKA-1. Meaning of
the variables is in the comments in the $FLUPRO/flukapro/(FLKSTK) file.
- the parent photon quantities are available in common EMFSTK (already
included) at position NPSTRT

Please feel free to contact me if you need help
Paola