geometry setup for yield calcuation.

From: Mr. Bhushankumar Jagnnath Patil. (bjp@physics.unipune.ernet.in)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2007 - 22:37:15 CET

    Dear fluka experts and useres,

    In short my question is
    I want to set a geometry in fluka to calculate yield of ouptput particle
    from a cubical target. How to do it.

    Detail:

    I am studing gamma, n reaction on Beryllium target. I want to measure a
    neutron yield comming out from cubical shape of beryllium target. I am
    expecting that as the cube length increses the netron yield should
    increases and after certain length due to self absorption in the target
    the netron yield goes on decreses. So that i can optimised the target
    geometry.

          I have made a setup like this
    Gamma particle is comming on the a cube of Beryllium and i have measured a
    neutron flux comming out from the each surface of cube.

    The result for this shows me that as the cube length of Beryllium
    increses from 1 cm to 35 cm the neutron flux from each surface of target
    cube is going to decreases. But the number of neutron/sec is going to
    increses.

     Also I have made one cube of air (cube length=40cm kept const) covering
    the beryllium target(varying cube length from 1 ro 35).

    The result for this shows me that as the cube length of Beryllium increses
    the total neutrons comming out from the bigger air cube is going to
    increses.

    If my expection is correct then where i am making mistake?
    If my expection is wrong then what will be the result. ?
    If possible at least suggesest me the refereces to setup the model in
    fluka for study yield.

    Waiting for your favorable reply.
    Thanking you in an anticipation.

    Bye