[fluka-discuss]: How to get the OPT-PROP absorption and diffusion coefficient

From: Thomas Grandsaert <Thomas.Grandsaert_at_esss.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 09:49:58 +0000

Hello Fluka experts,

We are trying to simulate the optical photon yield from a BGO scintillator in our machine.

Two parameters in the OPT-PROP include the absorption and diffusion coefficient.

I read the documentation. Is it accurate to say:

The absorption parameter is the inverse of the mean free path before absorption in the scintillator medium

The diffusion parameter is the inverse of the mean free path before scattering in the scintillator medium

Furthermore, how can we acquire/calculate these parameters?

Cheers and thank you in advance,