Re: Fluence-to-Effective Dose/Ambient Dose Equivalent Calculations

From: Stefan Roesler (sroesler@mail.cern.ch)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2007 - 15:24:57 CET

    Hi Robert,

    FLUKA built-in scoring allows the calculation of energy deposition both
    for geometry regions and also in region-independent meshes (e.g., input
    card USRBIN). Energy-deposition (GeV/cm3) can be converted to dose during
    scoring using the user-routine comscw.f by adding the following (with
    ELCMKS = 1.60217733 D-19 it returns the dose in Gy)

          IF (ISCRNG.EQ.1) THEN
             COMSCW = ELCMKS*1.D12 / RHO (MEDIUM(MREG))
          ENDIF

    The use of comscw.f has to be requested with the USERWEIG card.

    Dose equivalent is typically calculated by converting fluence with fluence
    to dose equivalent conversion factors. A corresponding routine is now
    distributed with FLUKA (flutil/deq99c.f). It is also based on a FLUKA user
    routine (fluscw.f) and thus its use has to be activated with the USERWEIG
    card. There are several conversion factor sets implemented in that routine
    (ambient dose euqivalent, effective dose). Please see the header of the
    file and its documentation for details.

    As you already mentioned LET can be scored using USRYIELD but only
    relative to the other quantities listed in the Manual.

    I am sure that the advanced user could score D(L) with the user routine
    mgdraw.f but I wonder if the above (in particular deq99c.f, this is also
    what the subject of your email suggests) does not already provide the
    required answer to your problem(?)

    Greetings
    Stefan

    --