Re: Diffrences between Bragg Peak

From: Marco Mauri (marco.mauri@cern.ch)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 10:04:51 CET

    :01C8319D]
    Sender: owner-fluka-discuss@smtp2.mi.infn.it

    Hi!
    In "The Physics of the FLUKA code: Recent development" the following=20
    reference is cited for the plot of the Bragg peak you are trying to=20
    reproduce:

    Sommerer, F., Parodi, K., Ferrari, A., et al. Investigating the accuracy=20
    of the FLUKA code for transport of therapeutic ion beams in matter.=20
    Phys. Med. Biol. 51, 4385=964398, 2006.

    In this article more details are given on the simulations from which the=20
    plot is obtained.
    In particular the ionization potential of water has been set to 80 eV,=20
    instead of the default value 75 eV (It can be set in FLUKA with the=20
    MAT-PROP card).

    Marco