[fluka-discuss]: Isotopic production cross sections using fluka

From: Florian Brüser <Florian.Brueser_at_student.uibk.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 10:45:29 +0100

Dear Fluka experts,

I am currently using Fluka to simulate interactions between a heavyion
beam (different isotopes) and a hydrogen target to determine isotopic
production cross sections relevant for CR propagation using USRYIELD and
AUXSCORE. I have used this approach to obtain production cross sections
for 12C, 13C and 14N-beams at various beam energies between a few MeV/n
and multiple GeV/n.

My problem is that I want to obtain cross sections from 40 different
isotopes at different energies and so far I don't see any way to do this
but to create a separate input file for each isotope and beam energy I
am interested in.

Is there any way to simplify this procedure or to directly obtain the
cross sections, as described for example in

http://inspirehep.net/record/1480259/files/1479110_125-144.pdf ?

Regards

Florian