[fluka-discuss]: Modeling painted surface

From: Nima Ghal-Eh <Nima.Ghal-Eh_at_fuw.edu.pl>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 23:26:43 +0330

Dear Fluka experts,

I am trying to precisely model a painted surface of a scintillator. It
should have two well known properties: (1) To behave as a diffuse
reflector of optical photons, and (2) To absorb a specific amount of
optical photon intensity and reflect the rest, which is known as paint
reflectivity.

The diffuse reflection of light can be simply undertaken with
user-routine frghns.f, whilst, the paint reflectivity may be either
introduced with user-routine rflctv.f or through the definition of rough
surface (i.e., the scintillator boundary) and an absorber (i.e., metal
housing).

My question is “Why does Fluka give the wrong answer when the rough
surface is the scintillator-metal boundary?" I suspect that the
definition of metal reflectivity in the OPT-PROP card does not work
properly in this case.

Could you please let me know if there is any other alternative for
painted surface modeling?

Thank you very much and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Nima Ghal-Eh.