[fluka-discuss]: RE: FLUKA model with magnetic field - TIMED OUT error

From: Stefan Roesler <Stefan.Roesler_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 17:28:36 +0000

Hi Tristan

Just looking at the magfld routine your magnetic field intensity and direction cosines look strange:
Are you sure B is always larger than zero (e.g. at very negative Z) ? The returned direction cosines are not normalized either..

Can you please verify before I go further?

Cheers
Stefan

         BTY = 0.D+00
* solenoid field is at 14 degrees to target
         vcos14=0.970
         vsin14=0.242
* find B as a function of x and z positions (x and z are perpendicular and aligned with the target respectively)
         zcl=Z*vcos14-X*vsin14
         if (zcl.lt.50) then
         B=2.5+1*((zcl-50)/100+2.5)
         endif