[fluka-discuss]: RE: FLUKA model with magnetic field - TIMED OUT error

From: Tristan Davenne - UKRI STFC <tristan.davenne_at_stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 22:13:27 +0000

Hi Stefan,

My understanding is that the direction cosine is defined as cos(angle) where the angle is between the field vector and which ever axis the direction cosine is relative too. In my problem the field vector is 14 degrees from the z axis and 104 degrees from the x axis, hence my values of 0.97 and 0.242.

The B field intensity is positive at negative values of z in this model as the solenoid that creates the field starts at z=-250cm.

Here are plots from FLAIR showing the field vector and B value which looks as I expect it to[cid:image001.jpg_at_01D4A6D6.3602EAC0][cid:image002.jpg_at_01D4A6D6.3602EAC0]
Thankyou

Tristan