[fluka-discuss]: Zero importance region for a specific particle type

From: Nima Ghal-Eh <Nima.Ghal-Eh_at_fuw.edu.pl>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 17:17:15 +0330

Dear FLUKA experts,

I would like to write a FLUKA input for my problem in which the
transport of gamma rays in a given region must be switched off.

In MCNP code, for example, this can be done by setting the so-called
gamma-ray importance as zero. I know that using EMFCUT card, one can
define the gamma ray transport threshold, however, it seems that this
card cannot be used for an empty region (i.e., VACUUM). Could you please
help me how to resolve this? Is there any simple option to set the
particle weight (or importance) in a region with/without material?

Thank you very much in advance for your considerations,

Best regards,
Nima Ghal-Eh.