Re: [fluka-discuss]: Zero importance region for a specific particle type

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 13:00:32 +0100

Dear Nima

In principle you can play Russian Roulette on photons entering your region
of interest with a combination of BIASING cards, e.g. see the example in
the Manual at the bottom of the card description. However, I am not sure
about whether there is an internal protection on excessive roulette as
there is on splitting going the other way.

Alternatively, you could define a very thin region(s), e.g. of air
adjacent to the vacuum, where you kill photons with EMFCUT.

Cheers
Stefan

Stefan Roesler
CERN, HSE-RP