Re: Neutron capute simulation

From: Yung-Shun Yeh (adair.py94g@nctu.edu.tw)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2008 - 20:34:06 CET

    Dear FLUKA experts,

    Maybe my previous description is too vague. Let me describe it clearly. What
    I am doing is a mono-energetic neutron beam incidents into a cube filled
    with gadolinium doped liquid scintillator, and I want to get how many
    neutrons are captured by specific atoms respectively and the capture
    time(the time during neutron generated and captured).

    The following is the usrdraw entire,
          WRITE( 41.0, * ) 'Routine USDRAW called'
          WRITE( 41.0, * ) NCASE, NPFLKA, JTRACK, ICODE, NP
          WRITE( 41.0, * ) ETRACK, PTRACK, WTRACK, MMTRCK, KTRACK, ATRACK
    * Loop over Secondaries.
          do 10 ip = 1, NP
                WRITE( 41.0, *) ip,KPART(ip),TKI(ip),WEI(ip)
     10 continue
    * Loop over Heavy Secondaries.
          WRITE( 41.0, * ) NPHEAV, ICRES, IBRES, ERES, EKRES
          do 20 ip = 1, NPHEAV
                WRITE( 41.0, *) ip,KHEAVY(ip),TKHEAV(ip)
                WRITE( 41.0, *) ip,ICHEAV(KHEAVY(ip)),IBHEAV(KHEAVY(ip))
     20 continue
    data in hydrogen.

    If I take secondary gamma rays, I found only mmtrck="H" can produce gamma
    rays. The gamma ray energy is about 2.2 MeV. There are no gamma produced
    with Gd. It is because there is no gamma data in Gd in low-energy neutron
    data.

    Is the way to get captured Target right? If not, please give me instruction
    on the correct way. Attachments are the input file and mgdraw.f. Thanks for
    your kindly help.

    Best regards,
    Yung-Shun Yeh