Re: [fluka-discuss]: RE: USRBDX zeroes below 340kev photon beam

From: Mauro Valente <mauro.valente_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 19:31:58 -0300

Dear Alex

have you checked if particles with kinetic energy have been actually
transported?

transport is perfromed up to (above) absorptiin energy value. There are
certain default values (if I am not wrong, around 0.03 MeV for some
particle types) that users can set using proper card.

I am not FLUKA expert, just a cuatomary user, so pay attention to answers
from FLUKA experts rather my suggestion.

Regards,

Il giorno mer 6 feb 2019 alle 19:23 Ševčik Aleksandras <
aleksandras.sevcik_at_ktu.edu> ha scritto:

> In addition, as alternative, I used USRBIN Beampart in 1x1x2 mesh to
> calculate the attenuation coefficient as well. In this option I the minimal
> energy which still gives the results was 34 keV. If smaller, like 33 keV,
> gives me zeroes even with 29x1E7 primaries. I tried single scattering
> option, but no changes. However, in the manual I read that ~10kev of
> primary photons still should work, so I guess it’s my mistake which I
> cannot see?.
>

> Regards
>
> Alex

                                                Prof. Mauro Valente, PhD.