Re: [fluka-discuss]: Docker crash and reinstallation problem

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 15:39:21 +0100

Hello Celestine,
    this is probably a problem related to the Windows Registry which
was not completely cleaned up during the unistall.

You could try a maintenance tool (like CCleaner, for example) to try
to tide up the registry or also try to run the script at this link:

https://success.docker.com/article/how-to-completely-remove-docker-in-windows-10

from a powershell terminal with administrator rights. This script
is specific to Docker and might work.

After this, in principle you should have a clean machine and
you could try to reinstall Docker from scratch.

Let me know...

Ciao,
Andrea

On 08/03/2019 13:56, Celestine Onjewu Oche wrote:
> Hello Fluka experts. I have been having issues with my docker
> container installed in Windows 10. The program crashed and I
> uninstalled it using the IObit uninstaller in my system and it
> requested to clean all files related to Docker which I accepted. After
> the complete process, Docker failed to reinstall. It's like something
> is preventing it from being installed. I have tried various
> suggestions from online media to no avail. Someone with an experience
> should put me through pls. Thanks

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy