[fluka-discuss]: Question about W neutron resonces

From: babintsev <babintsev_at_ihep.ru>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 08:57:15 +0300

  Dear experts,

  I want to check neutron resonances like ex-5 with Cd foil.
  For this I use lead target in moderator (polyethylene)
  then I look at  N flux using the hole in the concrete wall.
  I use W foil  and NEW-DEFA

  In the attachment there is the picture of N flux into
  W-foil and output from the foil.
  There is NO ANY resonance here.

  So, my questions :

  - I use TUNGSTEN here, it is known that natural W consists from
    4-5 stable isotopes, which have neutron resonancies
    TUNGSTEN in FLUKA is natural ? 4 isotopes ?

  - if TUNGSTEN is not natural - then how I can create this material ?
    I cannot find any example, how to compose materials from isotopes -
    because I need names , which I do not know

    could you please give me this example ?

  - what else I must do to see the picture as I see for Cd in ex-5
    with neutron resonance ?

  thank you
  Vladimir Babintsev