RE: [fluka-discuss]: Difference between FLUKA and NIST Unrestricted Electron Stopping Powers

From: Daniela Botnariuc <daniela.botnariuc_at_npl.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 16:35:58 +0000

Dear Paola and FLUKA experts,

First of all, thank you very much for your reply.

I tried to implement your suggestion by using the EMFCUT card but I believe I am still printing restricted stopping powers - and I need unrestricted stopping power values used by FLUKA. Please consider the figure below.

First, I set the photon production threshold to a very high energy value and this approximated my curve to the NIST curve for high energies. The electron production threshold was set to 100 keV (red curve).

Since I want to print unrestricted stopping powers, I then increased the electron production threshold to 10 MeV (yellow curve) and we can see that the values have better agreement to NIST. The problem is that with EMFFIX card I am only printing stopping powers for energies higher than the established threshold - and I also need stopping power values for low energies. How can I solve this problem?

Please find attached the input file I am using for this simulation.

Thank you very much.
Best Regards,
Daniela

[cid:image002.jpg_at_01D4E4BB.25612DD0]