[fluka-discuss]: Scoring Primary and Secondary Neutrons separately.

From: Mover, Umer <mover_at_net.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 23:57:26 +0000

Dear Users,

I want to separately score primary and secondary neutrons from initial proton beam impinging on a target.
For scoring card, I am using USRYIELD, and using USRWEIG to call FLUSCW.F

My understanding:
In manual chapter 13.2.6 FLUSCW, LLO is described as particle generation

I am assuming, by multiplying a specific generation (let's say Primary p,n reaction) with zero, one could score Secondary (n,nx) reaction, and vice versa.
Also in chapter 10.3.2 Secondary neutrons, non-absorption probability is indicated as >1 for (n,2n) reactions. I am assuming this LLO is somehow related to this non-absorption probability.

Query:
1) Need your confirmation of above understanding.
2) Lack of clarity of this feature is troubling me in scoring primary neutrons. Can someone please check my FLUSCW.F script and suggest the necessary changes or alternatives please?

Here I aim to score only primary neutrons and neglecting secondary neutrons.

*
      INCLUDE '(SCOHLP)'
*

      IF (LLO > 1) THEN
         FLUSCW = ZERZER
      ENDIF
      LSCZER = .FALSE.
      RETURN

      END

Attaching the input file and FLUSCW.F also.

Thanks in advance.

Yours Sincerely,
Umer H. Mover
Masters Student (Nuclear Applications)
Institute of Nuclear Engineering and Technology Transfer,
RWTH Aachen University, Germany.
+49 176 37114415<tel:+49%20176%2037114415>