Bragg curve and USRBDX

From: Joel DeWitt (joel.m.dewitt@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2008 - 17:33:41 CET

    fluka-discuss users:

    I have a Bragg curve from experiment that I would like to check with
    FLUKA. The setup is a 1 GeV/n 56-Fe beam interacting with a 5 g/cm2
    polyethylene target. I'm attempting to use USRBDX to score energy
    (generalized particle 208) behind the target, and hopefully get a
    normalized dose estimation at that point in uGy/ion. The output is
    expressed as a pair of numbers: the "x" has units of GeV/cm2/energy
    unit/steradian/primary according to the manual. Is the "y" number
    solid angle? My initial approach was to take the contents of each
    energy bin, convert to J/primary, then sum them. But what is the unit
    mass needed to convert to dose? Can this be obtained by the using the
    "y" results from the USRBDX output?

    I'm sure this is "a way" to estimate dose between two regions, but not
    The Way. Am I way of base here? Feedback will be appreciated.

    Joel DeWitt