[fluka-discuss]: Re: The maximum requirments for installing fluka

From: Horváth Dávid <David.Horvath_at_eli-beams.eu>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 08:55:30 +0000

Dear Mahmoudreza,

please keep these discussions on the FLUKA mailing list, to help other users as well.

There are no "maximum requirements" for FLUKA.

The differences are simple:
If the CPU is faster, then FLUKA will be faster as well.
If you have more cores, you can ran mor jobs in parallel.
The only consideration you should keep in mind, that if you are planning to use every available core to run FLUKA, it is recommended to have: 2GB memory / core.

Kind regards,
Dávid Horváth

Junior Researcher
Radiation Protection