Re: fragment production

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler@mail.cern.ch>
Date: Thu Mar 20 2008 - 15:52:34 CET

Dear Denis,

I am not sure if I understand correctly what you mean by "Fluka used as a
event generator". What you can do is defining a Au beam (with BEAM and
HI-PROPE cards) at the required energy and a Au target via the usual FLUKA
input. You then have to activate DPMJET via EVENTYPE/Sdum=DPMJET and run
like any other FLUKA run. This would be a fixed-target configuration (this
is what you want, correct?), not Au-Au collisions in the cm frame.

In each A-A collision (including Au-Au) DPMJET3 will create two excited
residual nuclei which are passed onto the FLUKA modules for evaporation,
fragmentation and deexcitation. All fragments are transported by FLUKA and
fed back to DPMJET (or RQMD at lower energies) in case of re-interactions.

Hope this answers your question(?)

Greetings
Stefan

--