[fluka-discuss]: Tracking mother particles

From: Huang, Lifi <lifi.huang_at_dkfz-heidelberg.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 16:42:53 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

I have another short question regarding particle tracking/latching:

In the usdraw subroutine of mgdraw, if I add:

IF (ICODE.EQ.101) THEN:

    ISPUSR(1)=MREG

ENDIF

am I correct to assume that this will save the region where the daughter particle was created? What happens if the same mother particle generates two secondaries in two different regions, will both secondaries inherit the same MREG or the correct (different) ones? Or does FLUKA consider everything resulting from an inelastic interaction a secondary?

Lifi Huang
MSc Student
E041
Medical Physics in Radiooncology