Re: [fluka-discuss]: REPLICATION USING LATTICE CARD

From: Luigi Salvatore Esposito <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 20:40:33 +0000

Dear Riya Dey,
please keep the exchange on the list.

The region/lattice numbers are reported in the output file. Search for
"=== Regions: materials and fields ===“

Said that, and following the notation of my previous email
#reg = WHAT(4) = _at_LASTREG = the number of regions in the geometry
#lat = WHAT(5). This value must be greater than the number of lattices in the geometry.
The range of regions and of the lattices is reported in the file header.

Specifically for the example I sent you, #reg = 8 and #lat = 10.
The latter could be set to 2 in the example, since there are 2 lattices.
[Don’t be confused by the number of columns in the output file: it is always 10 independently of the values of WHAT(4) and WHAT(5)]

In your case, the first 8 values contain the energy deposited in the regions not belonging to any lattice (notice that the values 7th and 8th are zero since they are the lattice replica!),
the successive 8 values the regions belonging to lattice #1, and so on.

Hope this clarifies how the data are stored in the USRBIN file.

Best regards luigi