[fluka-discuss]: Particle Fluence Across Boundary at a Specific Angle

From: Bartkoski,Dirk Alan <DABartkoski_at_mdanderson.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 17:27:17 +0000

I am trying to perform a simulation where I have photons obliquely incident on a surface where the photons have a large range of incident angles. I want to measure the number of particles crossing the surface (one-way scoring) within a very narrow range of incident angles centered around a specified angle, namely the Bragg angle. I am trying to determine the number of particles satisfying the Bragg condition for different photon source distributions.

I have two primary questions:

I am uncertain based on the documentation whether fluence or current is my goal. Fluence is independent of orientation while current is dependent on orientation. In my case the orientation to the surface is what I am interested in.

Is USRBDX or USRYIELD better for my application. USRBDX allows me to count particles crossing a boundary but it is not clear to me how to set the solid angle min and max to select a narrow range of incident angles. Furthermore, from what I understand, USRYIELD may allow for more precise control.

Any direction would be helpful.

Dirk A. Bartkoski, Ph.D.
Research Scientist | Division of Radiation Oncology
[mdacc-logo2]
T. Boone Pickens Tower (FCT8.5007)
1515 Holcombe Blvd.
Unit 1420
Houston, TX 77030
(713)794-5026

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential, and/or protected from disclosure. This e-mail message may contain protected health information (PHI); dissemination of PHI should comply with applicable federal and state laws. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, any further review, disclosure, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or any attachment (or the information contained therein) is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all references to it and its contents from your systems.