Re: [fluka-discuss]: Total time used for initialization

From: Maria Ilaria Besana <maria.ilaria.besana_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 21:02:47 +0000

Dear Victor,

I am not sure to understand the goal of your study.
I just have a couple of comments.
The time for initialisation is not related to the number of primaries.
The average cpu time per primary is instead dependent on the number of
primaries. When you increase the number of primaries, this value should
converge, because you become less and less sensitive to
statistical fluctuations.
In order to have a fair comparison of cpu time you should make sure to
use the same machine in the same conditions (if other processes are
running and using your CPU at the same time as your FLUKA calculations,
then your estimate would be biased).

Best regards
Ilaria