Re: [fluka-discuss]: Program Copy not running

From: Maria Ilaria Besana <maria.ilaria.besana_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 10:43:22 +0000

Dear Andrew,

when you added the Iodide material you forgot to put the LOW-MAT card associated to it.
This card sets the correspondence between FLUKA materials and low-energy neutron cross sections.
If you look at the end of your output file, you would see an error like:

 **** Low energy neutron xsec not found for some media 15 16 ****
 Iodide

Please have a look at the manual for more details on the LOW-MAT card.

A simpler alternative option is to define your material as IODINE with capital letters.
The first IODINE element of the Table 10.4.1.2 of the manual will be used, which corresponds to the material at room temperature.
If this is suitable for you, you don’t need to add any LOW-MAT card, because low-energy neutron cross sections are available for this material.

Hope that helps,
Best regards,
Ilaria