Re: [fluka-discuss]: hadron therapy

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 06:48:20 +0200

Hi Vladimir,
    you are right! This is strange, since usually the slides are made
available. I have no immediate solution to this, but we can resort
to the previous course (I see that the material is there):

https://indico.cern.ch/event/694979/timetable/#20180528

Thank you and kind regards,
Andrea

Il 25/09/2019 06:16, babintsev ha scritto:
>    Dear Andrea
>
>  when I am looking at the latest course _ according  to your reference:
>
> https://indico.cern.ch/event/753612/ ->
>
> https://indico.cern.ch/event/753612/timetable/#20190408
>
>  I do not see any lecture !
>  may be there is another place with these materials ?
>
>  thanks
>  Vladimir
>

> 24.09.2019 14:43, Andrea Fontana пишет:
>> Dear Berin,
>>     this is a rather generic question, but I can suggest you to get
>> acquainted with FLUKA by studying the lectures and exercises given
>> at the latest course:
>>
>> https://indico.cern.ch/event/753612/
>>
>> Regarding the physics of hadrontherapy, I can suggest you to read
>> the following 2 papers:
>>
>> https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0031-9155/60/8/R155/meta
>>
>> https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0031-9155/57/6/1659/pdf
>>
>> The first one presents a review of the subject, while in the second
>> you can find a comparative analysis of the most common MC codes used
>> in hadrontherapy. As a possibile first task, you could try to
>> reproduce some of the presented depth dose profiles with FLUKA.
>>
>> Hope this helps for now. In the future, if you give us more details,
>> we can give you a more substantial help.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Andrea Fontana
>>
>> PS
>> Please keep the messages in the discuss list for the benefit of all
>> the other readers.
>>

>>> Hi, I want to work on hadron therapy. I started with Fluka. But, I saw
>>> that need to geant4,LET and etc.....And could you help me for
>>> working to
>>> HT? thanks al of you..
>>>
>>> This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
>>> privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
>>> copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this
>>> communication
>>> is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error
>>> please notify the sender immediately and then delete this mail.<br>

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy