[fluka-discuss]: Re: Fw: Fw: problems of mgdraw to score energy deposition position and value.

From: Mikhail Polkovnikov <pmk_at_ihep.ru>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 21:55:00 +0300

On 04.11.2019 9:57, yangt_at_ihep.ac.cn wrote:

>  Dear Mikhail,
>
>   I am sorry to bother you, however, what i querry is an old problem
> listed on the discussion
> website:_http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/15973.html_
>

> I submited the problems several days ago, but I don't receive any
> reply and I cannot solve it yet.  (attachmets: detector2.inp source.f
> endraw.f...)
>

>     Recently I have made some simulations using mgdraw.f subroutine to
> score the energy deposition.But there exists some unsolved
> problems/errors.
>

> What I want to score is the continuous energy deposition and
> discrete/point energy deposition, I don't know if both the two types
> of deposition can be accessed only with mgdraw.f. in my simulation,
> "source.f" samples the primary from file "detector001_ions.dat" which
> has *169* charged particles(*71*#α+ *98*# Li+).
>

> 1) But I only obtain *97* energy-deposition events using "endraw.f"
> ("detector2001_endraw.dat", I find I define a wrong momentum in
> source.f in previous version submitted on the website and I correct it
> in the attachment),as we known, a charged particle will undergoes many
> energy-deposition or ionization events along its trajectory, so the
> total number of energy-deposition events should be much greater than
> the incident ions' number, but I only get 97 events which is even
> significantly lower than the ion's number (which is 169 seen
> in detector001_ions.dat).
>

> 2) And another strange thing is it  obtains much more Li+ deposition
> events(jtrack=-2) than α seen in file "energy depositon in dat", it is
> also strange, what's wrong?
>

> If you have some suggestions, please tell me, and publish the answer
> on the discussion website,I think many people have the same problem.
>
> any suggestion is appreciable!
>

> Best regards!
>
> Yang.

Dear Yang,

1) Continuous energy loss goes along the track (SUBROUTINE MGDRAW),
energy deposition on the spot (ENTRY ENDRAW). You will a lot of energy
deposition events on the track, see attachment.

2) Lithium is heavier than alpha particle, and its energy is less.

I have changes some elements in attachment.

Best regards,

Mikhail