Re: [fluka-discuss]: Fission and Production Electron Beam

From: Sébastien Wurth <wurth_at_ipno.in2p3.fr>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 13:46:06 +0100

Dear Lisa,

You should activate photonuclear effects to get fission with an electron
beam by PHOTONUC card (see fluka manual at this section).

But remember that there is a warning in the release notes about
photofission: "There is a known issue with photofission: the
photonuclear interaction model is not up-to-date with respect to the
present fission model. As a result, photofission can be heavily
underestimated at low photon energies for fissile materials. A fix is
already implemented in the development tree and it will be included in
the next full release."

See also : http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=release_notes&mm2=3

Hope it helps.

Best.