Re: [fluka-discuss]: Attenuation coefficient for photons in a material

From: Mehmet Bektaşoğlu <mehmetb_at_sakarya.edu.tr>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 15:58:04 +0300

Dear Experts,
Thank you Ricardo for the reply. I see a non-zero value as you point out.
However, I start the beam in vacuum and try to count them as soon as they
pass the boundary material. I could probably be missing a very simple point
that I cannot figure out. Please forgive my ignorance but I think I should
expect to see the number of beam particles (100 000, due to no interaction
in vacuum?). Am I not correct? Also it only takes a couple of seconds to
say 'Finished OK' without any progress (no green bar appears). Shouldn't
the program run for a while?

Thank you for any further help in advance,
Mehmet

Ricardo Manuel Dos Santos Augusto <r.s.augusto_at_cern.ch>, 15 Kas 2019 Cum,