[fluka-discuss]: Attenuation coefficient for photons in a material

From: Beatrice Pomaro <beatrice.pomaro_at_dicea.unipd.it>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 11:36:39 +0100

Dear Fluka experts,
I am simulating an irradiation experiment with a Co60 source of samples
made by a different material at the same distance (20cm) from the
source. I have plotted the photon flux against the sample thickness,
10cm (here below) and I find curiously that the flux at the face in
front of the source (_at_20cm) is never the same, in particular it is much
different when the propagation is in air (no sample).
Can you, please, explain me how I can fix this aspect?
Thank you, bests
Beatrice

Ing. Beatrice Pomaro
Universita' degli Studi di Padova
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile, Edile e Ambientale
Via F. Marzolo, 9 - 35131 Padova (Italy)
tel.: +39 049 8275592
e-mail: beatrice.pomaro_at_dicea.unipd.it