RE:[fluka-discuss]: Attenuation coefficient for photons in a material

From: Ricardo Manuel Dos Santos Augusto <r.s.augusto_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 17:16:35 +0000

Dear Mehmet,

The value you enter in the WHAT(1) of the START card represents the primary histories that the code simulates. You can increase it to improve statistics (increasing the running time).

The units of USRBDX are "cm-2 GeV-1 sr-1 per incident primary", therefore the result you see in the tab.lis in bin 21 (the incoming) is 2.5E-3 cm-2 GeV-1 sr-1 per incident primary.
In your particular case you will need to normalize it by * 400 cm^2 * 0.001 GeV *100000 (BEAMPART). Using the same procedure in your tab.lis bin 22 (exiting) you get a slightly lower value, as expected.

Kind regards,
Ricardo

//Ricardo dos Santos Augusto
TRIUMF-EH&S TRL Rr-7