Re: [fluka-discuss]: Two different current versions of FLUKA. 2011-3.0 vs 2020.0beta1.

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 09:52:57 +0100

Hello
the question is not naive.
The collaboration agreement between INFN and CERN on FLUKA was
discontinued as of August 31st 2019.
Fluka2020 is the upgrade of fluka2011.2x.8 as developed and distributed by
INFN, the Fluka authors, and collaborators. It contains a great deal of
new/improved physics, partly a consolidation of previous common INFN-CERN
developments, partly completely new.
CERN is proceeding on another path, compatibility is not ensured.
Hope this helps
Paola
> Dear FLUKA experts and users.
> Sorry for a little naive formal question, but I'm a little lost in it.
> Why does FLUKA installed in version 2011.2x.8 report that it can be
> upgraded to version 2020.0 but FLUKA installed in version 2011-3.0 doesn't
> do it? Are these different branches of the same program but developed by
> different groups? Will they be compatible with each other?
> Regards
> Adam

Paola Sala
INFN Milano