Re: [fluka-discuss]: How to export 3D data in txt/dat format in fluka/flair

From: Answers <answers_at_pcfluka.mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 14:14:22 +0100 (CET)

Dear Tamer,
the fourth column in the FileName_98_plot.dat is the error (in %) related
to the measured quantity.

In order to have 3D data, you can run the simulations as you did, and then
you use usbrea, available in $FLUPRO/flutil. Usbrea reads an
unformatted file and returns the equivalent formatted file,
including the standard deviations, if the input file was produced by
usbsuw.f (or by Process in Flair).

Alternatively you can save the data in an unformatted (ASCII) file.
In your output file you will have a header followed by a matrix of values,
where each value is the measured quantity (in your case E)
in a given voxel of coordinates (x,y,z), if you are scoring with Cartesian
binning.
In other words, the values you will read in the file are the energies
associated to the different voxels.
However, in this case you cannot merge output files from different cycles.

Please keep in mind that USRBIN results are normalized to bin volumes,
calculated automatically by the code.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Giulia