[fluka-discuss]: How to export 3D data in txt/dat format in fluka/flair

From: Tamer Tolba <t.tolba_at_fz-juelich.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 16:36:28 +0100

Dear all,

I am using USRBIN card to score Energy deposited in some block using
Unit: 98 BIN, and run it for 10 iterations/cycles. Then, I merge the
data of the 10 produced "Filename#_fort.98" files using
Run->Data->Process. For 2D post-processing I plot the different
projections (xy, xy, yz) using the generated binary *.bnn file, I also
get the exported 2D data (of the projected plot) in the
FileName_98_plot.dat file. I have two questions:

1- When projecting on the beam axis (i.e. the z axis), I get the x and y
data, so I expect the FileName_98_plot.dat file to contain 3 columns x y
E, but I get 4 columns x y E something?? What is the fourth column?

2- My main question, actually I need to export the data ( deposited
energy distribution) in the whole volume, i.e. I need to export 3D data
in *.dat or *.txt format (i.e. in the form in the form x, y, z, E)! How
can I do that?

Regards,

Tamer

--