Re: [fluka-discuss]: ERROR WHILE PROCESSING

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 08:11:49 +0000

Hi Riya,

The 'No such file or directory' error is probably due to the fact that apparently you did not add the '$' sign just before FLUPRO, i.e.
$FLUPRO/flutil/usbsuw

try that. If that doesn't work try sourcing your bash profile, i.e. source ~/.bash_profile
if that didn't work let me know.

Regarding how to feed multiple data into usbsuw, you can write a simple script like this (save it as e.g. anbin.sh and issue command chmod a+x anbin.sh to make it executable):

#!/bin/bash
$FLUPRO/flutil/usbsuw<<EOF
ls *fort $1

usrbin_$1
EOF
exit 0

This will merge data for a given unit value, e.g. ./anbin.sh 34 for all *fort.34 files.
You can loop over the script from bash or include a loop in the script itself or even have the script first identify all unit numbers in your directory, then merge each one.

And no, you don't copy the results to the installation directory. This is why you are calling the full path for the usbsuw program.

And again, if anything goes wrong in the process, do verify that all files of that given unit have (almost) the same size, e.g. ls -l *fort.34

-M