[fluka-discuss]: Primaries and source.f weight normalization

From: Julien Bonvalet <julien.bonvalet_at_u-bordeaux.fr>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 22:40:25 +0200 (CEST)

Dear fluka Team,

I have a question about normalisation.
I use source.f that reads phase space of primaries particles (ID, position, energy, cos directions, weight) of several billion lines. Each line (macroparticle) have a different weight.
I run FLUKA with for example 1e9 primaries. With mgdraw.f routine, I export phase space of another particle (alpha for example) with weights again.

For the output, the weight of these particles take into account the number of primaries in FLAIR (1e9)? I am not sure of that. Because for each primary sampled from the txt file thanks to source.f routine, one particle recorded by mgdraw.f correspond to one interaction with this primary. no?

Thanks for your help

Julien