Re: [fluka-discuss]: Primaries and source.f weight normalization

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 09:32:14 +0200

Hello
The weight of particles at each event does not take into account the
number of primearies requested in the START card (or equivalently, written
uin the START card by Flair)
Normalization to the total weight of primaries is performed only at the
end of the run (when the total number of really followed primaries and
their weight is known) for all estimators except event-by-event
estimators.
In your case, for each primary sampled mgdraw will record particles and
weights corresponding this specific primary. Probably it could be zero,
one or more alphas. If you wish to identify the event number, it is stored
in the variable NCASE (from common CASLIM, included in the standard
mgdraw.f).
Regards
Paola
> Dear fluka Team,
>
> I have a question about normalisation.
> I use source.f that reads phase space of primaries particles (ID,
> position, energy, cos directions, weight) of several billion lines. Each
> line (macroparticle) have a different weight.
> I run FLUKA with for example 1e9 primaries. With mgdraw.f routine, I
> export phase space of another particle (alpha for example) with weights
> again.
>
> For the output, the weight of these particles take into account the number
> of primaries in FLAIR (1e9)? I am not sure of that. Because for each
> primary sampled from the txt file thanks to source.f routine, one particle
> recorded by mgdraw.f correspond to one interaction with this primary. no?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Julien

Paola Sala
INFN Milano