RE: Fluka Calculation for Induced Activity

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti@cern.ch>
Date: Tue Sep 16 2008 - 10:22:27 CEST

Hi,

> In the output I am getting 3 tables
>
> 1. The firs table contains yield as function of Mass Number.
> (I understand that for all these isotopes Z is same and for present
> problem it is 29. Could you please comment that whether I have
> understood it correctly. Also please explain the significance of
> isotopes in this table which have A=1,2,3,4. Does they exist at all!!)

Indeed, for each A value, the corresponding yield is the sum over all the
isobars (i.e., the sum over Z for fixed A). Thus, this first distribution
is gotten from the third table adding up the elements belonging to the
same line.

> 2. The second Table contains as a function of Atomic Number
> (I understand that for all these Isotopes A is fixed and for present
> problem it is 63. If my interpretation is correct then I am unable to
> understand the significance of isotopes such as 1H63 or 2He63 etc.

No fixed A, but for each Z sum over all the produced isotopes (i.e., sum
over A for fixed Z). In this case the distribution is gotten from the
third table adding up the elements belonging to the same column (for H,
you have only 1H, 2H, and 3H).

> 3. The third table contains isotopes arranged in an array Which A and
> Z can be derived from the respective Row and col index.

Actually not the index, but the header.

Ciao!

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti