Re: [fluka-discuss]: Difference between FHEAVY and GENSTK

From: Answers <answers_at_pcfluka.mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 09:17:40 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Julien,
In fluka, the reaction you describe can proceed through different paths,
also depending on proton energy:
- There can be alpha emission in the fast stage of the reaction
(preequilibrium) through the coalescence mechanism, followed by break-up
of the Beryllium nucleus
- There can be direct break-up of the compound nucleus into
alpha+berillyum, followed instantaneously by berillyum disintegration

In both cases, the 8B can be its ground or excited state.

I wrote break-up, not evaporation, because Fluka uses fermi break-up for
A<=16.

Alphas from the fast stage are stored in GENSTCK
Alphas from break-up are in FHEAVY

Be sure to use the fluka2020 version, which includes an advanced
descriprion of this specific reaction.

Hope this helps
Paola