Re: [fluka-discuss]: Question about PHOTONUC and LAM-BIAS cards.

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 18:08:50 +0200

Hello
The electronuclear cross section is suppressed by a factor 1/alpha (1/137)
with respect to the photonuclear one (electronuc goes throug virtual
photon)
Thus, electronuclear dominate in the very first part of the shower, up to
~0.25radiation lengths. Afterwards, the photons produced in the shower
dominate.
Paola

Paola Sala
INFN Milano