Re: [fluka-discuss]: Question about "EM-ENRGY" and "NIEL-DEP" in USRBIN

From: Tan Shi <tanshi_at_umich.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 23:06:06 -0400

I have a follow-up question related to EM-ENERGY: When I compared two cases
where in the first case,
- the gamma and electron fluence is one order of magnitude higher than that
of the second case and
- the neutron fluence is several orders of magnitude lower than that of the
second case,
the fraction of energy deposition going into EM-energy is actually similar.
Based on my understanding, more electrons and gammas mean more EM-energy
deposition. I see this type of discrepancy consistently between the
EM-energy and particle spectra. Do you know why it is like that? Thanks!
(Here, I use track-length fluence and we can assume that the shape of the
energy spectrum is similar but just the magnitude differs. The probability
of generating other types of particles is low.)

Thank you for your help!