Re: [fluka-discuss]: VOXEL material assignment stopping position

From: Answers <answers_at_pcfluka.mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 18:25:43 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Nelly,
the following lecture on Medical Applications from the last Fluka
beginners' course in Spain can help you:

https://indico.cern.ch/event/753612/contributions/3121532/attachments/1974726/3286242/Medical_Applications_2019.pdf

Slide 21 shows how to import two files (here called material.inp and calib_curve.mat) that contain

1) the conversion from HU to nominal density and composition
2) density correction factors to be applied to the lower/upper limit of the HU range

These files are specific to each treatment facility, as they depend on the used phantoms and CT scanner,
as well as on the clinical protocol.
You may contact the medical physics group in your center, and ask for those files (or some examples).
You can also use the CORRFACT card to alter material density for dE/dx and nuclear processes.

Information on the stopping power associated to each material are printed in the output file
produced for each cycle during your simulation.

If you need further support, let us know.

Best regards,
Giulia