[fluka-discuss]: Issues with HADGT20

From: <pmasterson_at_physics.ucsb.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 11:28:49 -0700

Dear FLUKA experts,

As part of a radiation study for an upcoming experiment, I've been trying
to use the HADGT20 option in some USRBIN cards to measure the fluence in
some areas of the detector. However, after running over around 200k events
and processing the results with usbsuw and usbrea, I found a fluence of
zero everywhere in the detector. Here's a sample card:

USRBIN 10. HADGT20M -50. 5. 5. 31.775HadD1
USRBIN -5. -5. 31.695 20. 20. 1. &

In the same simulation, I also used SI1MEVNE and DOSE without running into
any problems; the format of the cards was exactly the same. Does HADGT20
need to be treated differently, or is there another problem?

Thank you!
Phillip Masterson