Re: [fluka-discuss]: Problem with old version of lattic.f

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 09:34:50 +0200

Dear Alexander
the crash and the message come from the lattic.f routine itself, more
exactly from the LATNOR entry. In the distributed template there is coded
an example of LATNOR usage, that calls a STOP if the lattice number is not
in the foreseen range. This is what happens to you.

Solution: take away the example lines (as in the attached routine)

Puzzle: the same piece of code is in the old lattic version, I do not
understand how could it run.

New-old lattic differences: the difference in the new vs old lattic is the
possibility to define "double rotations" in the input file, this part does
not apply to your case since you do not use ROT-DEFI cards

Warning: In general, the LATNOR entry should be coded as well, because the
code calls it to retrieve the real orientation of surfaces. In your
specific case, everything works because the lattice transformation is a
translation. In case of rotations or reflections,the tracking would go
crazy.

Hope this helps
Paola
> Dear FLUKA team,
>
> Five years ago I prepared a rather complicated project to simulate real
> large cosmic-ray spectrometer based on a ionization calorimeter. The
> project uses both source.f and lattic.f options. The project worked very
> well during five years up to the last upgrade of FLUKA. This time the
> compatibility from down to up in *.f programs was broken. I could
> correct my source.f code, but can't incorporate my old solution to the
> new format in lattic.f code. I obtain the message "*** Lattice geometry
> non supported !!! ***          82" in *.out file and only header of
> output file with events. In Files.zip all my relevant files, and
> lattic-old.f is my old solution for previous version of FLUKA. Can you
> please help me to incorporate my old solution to new format of lattic.f
> file?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Alexander

Paola Sala