Re: [fluka-discuss]: Generating H*(10) vs shield thickness plot

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 18:38:19 +0200

Dear Mahanyapane MV,
you can cover all your shielding with an USRBIN structure, either
cartesian or cylindrical depending on the symmetry of your geometry.
Choose a bin size corresponding to the intervals in thickness that you
wish to study. Ask for DOSE-EQ as scored quantity. Then, in FLAIR, do a
1-D projection of the USRBIN along the depth in the shield. You can also
limit the area on which you average the dose, by selecting intervals of
coordinates in the flair plot.
Hope this helps
Paola
> Dear fluka users
>
> I am a new fluka user and I need to plot the dose equivalent rate against
> the thickness of the shielding. I understand I can use USRBIN card, but I
> am not sure how I have to score H*(10) at different thicknesses of the
> shield.
>
> Can I please get assistance regarding this?
>
> Thank you
>
> Mahanyapane MV
> [https://cdn.sun.ac.za/100/ProductionFooter.jpg]<https://www.sun.ac.za/english/about-us/strategic-documents>
>
> The integrity and confidentiality of this email are governed by these
> terms. Disclaimer<https://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer/default.aspx>
> Die integriteit en vertroulikheid van hierdie e-pos word deur die volgende
> bepalings bereƫl.
> Vrywaringsklousule<https://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer/default.aspx>

Paola Sala
INFN Milano