RE: [fluka-discuss]: Regarding DPA calculation

From: Ševčik Aleksandras <aleksandras.sevcik_at_ktu.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 08:11:29 +0000

Hello

I am not an expert, just could share with common information that I was able to find:
- DPA can be calculated with USRBIN but you have to specify DPA-SCO on WHAT(2) of the USRBIN card.
- Displacements per atom states how often, on an average, an atom in the material was displaced due to impacting particles.
For example a DPA of 1E-22 means that one atom of a sample of 10E22 atoms was displaced from its lattice site.
To obtain the number of displaced atoms from the DPA value per primary one has to multiply with the number of atoms in the detector.

Maybe an expert could add more,

Alex