Re: [fluka-discuss]: mgdaw.f problems

From: Stefan E. Mueller <stefan.mueller_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 09:45:04 +0100 (CET)

Dear Qi Ding,

with major version upgrades in FLUKA it may happen that user routines are
modified, and it is always good to check the user routine templates in
$FLUPRO/usermvax/ to see if there are relevant changes from one version
to another, and update the user routines accordingly.

That said, I can run your input without any modification with
fluka2020.0.5 and it doesn't seem to give problems. It completes the first
cycle and gets on with the next one.

In your case, just to be sure, you should give a look to
$FLUPRO/usermvax/mgdraw.f and update your mgdraw.f. One change in mgdraw.f
in version fluka2020 is that now there is a loop over the main stack
particles which is probably done to allow more than one source particle on
the stack, and some modifications for heavy ions and radioactive isotopes.

I am not sure if this will affect your FLUKA application.

In $FLUPRO/RELEASE-NOTES.fluka2020.0 you can find information about the
technical improvements and additions. Concerning modification of
user-written routines, it only advises to update the source.f-routines.

So there must be a different reason why your code does not run. Do you get
errors or warnings in the .err- or .out-files produced in the fluka_xxxxxx
working directory?

         Stefan

--
Stefan E. Mueller
Department of Information Services and Computing - Computational Science