RE:[fluka-discuss]: Neutron reaction in Lithium-6

From: Ricardo Manuel Dos Santos Augusto <r.s.augusto_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 05:10:39 +0000

Dear Alessandro,

When you say 'I have read that the alpha particles and the tritium produced are not transported by FLUKA.' This is incorrect. Li-6 is one of the few isotopes for which pointwise neutron transport can be activated and you can get the alphas and tritons to be transported.

One does need to define the Li-6 with a special name (note 5 to the LOW-NEUT card in the manual):
MATERIAL 3. 0.534 6.LITHIU-6
Note that your IONTRANS definition is not needed with PRECISIO

Also, you probably misunderstood the meaning of the WHAT(3,4) in the RESNUCLEi, you can leave those blank for your purposes.

Best regards,
Ricardo

//Ricardo dos Santos Augusto
TRIUMF-EH&S