[fluka-discuss]: Including thermal scattering libraries in FLUKA

From: <ji.li_at_fz-juelich.de>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 09:28:50 +0100

Dear FLUKA experts,

may I ask if it is possible to add a custom library for thermal scattering neutrons to the FLUKA calculation?

I would like to simulate a target station containing cold moderator (e.g. parahydrogen) with very low temperature. But if I understand it correctly, FLUKA so far only has the thermal scattering libraries for the moderator materials with H in water or polyethylene, D in heavy water and C in graphite. In my case, is it possible to include a thermal scattering library for parahydrogen in FLUKA?

Many thanks in advance.

With kind regards,
Jingjing Li
--